V4.0
nailsworth.com forum
You don't have to live in Nailsworth to use the forum!

Topic: RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Category: Select All


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Mr Cohen
Date: 10/07/2010 Time: 20:44:18
Sounds like sour grapes to me, of course new building of any sort should be scrutinised and thats what planning departments are set up for. I just think it's really sad that there are people who want to simply work and help others with special needs then get labelled as 'hippies. What is your argument? is it with respect to further development or is just against so called hippies who chose to help others less forthunate than themselves?

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Wozie
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 10:07:48
The house-parents and tutors of these special needs teenagers are doing a remarkably complicated job to help them on their way to live a more fulfilling and independent life in the future.

I agree with Mr C, You cannot judge people just on their outward appearance.

So, maybe you visit the mill and see for yourself, then let us know what you think.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 12:02:20
Who cares whether they are hippies or not. That isn't the argument. The point is, as somebody beautiful put, that they are "empire building". Merrywalks, however ugly, provides a service to the wider public in an area that is already built up. This valley is an area of beauty and whether the new build is for the good of a few autistic young adults it should still be question by the public. Just because they provide the means to teach a few autistic people (at a huge fee I might add) it doesn't give them unquestionable rights to build more nasty buildings that they do not need.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 12:31:57
Then you need to start up a protest group and start looking into what they are proposing to do in detail so you can create a proper plan of objection.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 12:50:56
And may I suggest that floating the idea that the proposed developments that Ruskin Mill are undertaking MAY be opposed by local residents on this forum is a very good first step to organising such a campaign.

It's a crude method of assessing local reaction.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 13:37:34
It certainly worked with the FGCC!

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Wozie
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 16:47:26
Actually NR, they DO allow public access to walk through their land and gardens and very beautiful it is too.

Also what do you classify as a 'nasty' building NR?

I know that they plan to re-build their useful Woodland Kitchen as I saw it on their website.

Is this the building that you are referring to NR?

Am I that 'somebody beautiful' putting it NR?

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by PMM
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 17:18:23
Wozie we all know you can go on a walk through Ruskin Mill. Nobody is talking about a proposal to REbuild the woodland kitchen. People are talking about the proposal to build a "meeting hall" on the western side of the valley up near Barton End.

Most local residents are frustrated because the council seem to allow the college to build anything they want because they are doing it in aid of autistic children. The main point is that regardless of who its for this new proposal (which by the way we be clearly seen by most of the valley) might have a detrimental effect on the community and its understandable that people don't want the local area to change, it is an area of beauty.

I think most residence feel that Ruskin mill has expanded enough and would like them to now stop building.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Mr Cohen
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 17:38:09
Well for one, I care whether or not someone doing something to help someone less fortunate gets labelled as a 'Hippie'. The area you refer to is clearly a TORY stronghold and has always poured scorn on the development of Ruskin Mill. Take a closer look at this area and you will notice there is infact nothing unique or special about it. There's a Mahoosive ugly string of pylons crossing the field just near by and a scruffy old garage that looks like something out of 'Deliverence' and a bloody great Tv and mobile phone mast up on the bank, area of outstanding natural beauty! my arse. Why should the council not look favourably at the fact that what Ruskin Mill are doing is for the greater good and development of of autistic people, rather than worrying about your property values because of your so called 'Hippy' nieghbours

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 17:48:46
Yes, just blame the Tories. I'm a Lib Dem and don't consider there to be anything wrong with being considered a hippy. You obviously hate hippies, I don't think anyone was labelling the mill as hippies because they help people, that would be a really stupid assumption to jump to . They where calling them hippies in relation the the colleges attachment to the New Age wave of "self-awareness". Those electricity pylons are sort of vital. The Meeting Hall not so vital.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 18:02:59
Haven't the pylons been taken down, or are they other ones?

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Mr Cohen
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 21:05:06
You need to read back a bit on the first and second page. There is no relation or mention of the colleges attachment to a 'new age or self-awareness' philosophy contained within that set of posts! Fair enough if thats how you wish to interpret it. Self-awareness has nothing to do with being a so called hippy either. I would entirely agree with peoples right to dissagree with the further development but why attempt to strengthen your argument by the negative use of the word 'hippy'? It simply makes your argument for what is a valid point look ignorant and imature and furthermore, completely starts a debate off on the wrong foot, that is if one wishes to be taken seriously.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Mr Cohen
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 21:09:18
I don't hate hippys Peace & Love maneverytime

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 23:31:57
The work of these hippies, as some of you like to call them has just been assessed by OFSTED as being 'Outstanding' . Quite an achievement Id say.

>> Tagged as: News - Local


RUSKIN MILL IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! by Not Required
Date: 12/07/2010 Time: 23:49:07
Well the for the fees they pay I would hope so, I go to a fee paying college and its classed as outstanding in all but one of the criteria.

>> Tagged as: News - Local

More... Previous Page [1] [2] [3] [4] >> Next Page

Total Whats On = 0

Whats the weather like in Nailsworth?
Live weather data from the
Nailsworth Online Weather Station
www.nailsworthweather.co.uk

All information on this website is copyright and my not be used on other websites without the permission of nailsworth.com